Yes, yes, we as South African’s don’t actually follow Thanksgiving as a holiday BUT we can still be thankful during this time, in fact I would encourage us to be thankful.
So I though I would share a few points that I am thankful for, and honestly this is a good ‘task’ to do when you think there is nothing to be thankful about… It encourages you to look outside of yourself and see how blessed you are.
I’m thankful for;
- My family, they have been an amazing support to me throughout my whole life but in the last two years I have really noticed exactly what they do.
- My country, say what you will about South Africa, but I love it here. We have so much to give and so much to grow and I’m thankful for having been in this country as it’s made it’s changes and created history.
- My job, with so many people around the world unemployed, I am blessed to be in a job that I’m loving, a job that suits me and my characteristics and where I am able to make a change.
- The Rain, yip, the current drought has me thankful for every opportunity that the rain comes pouring out of the sky.
- My stuff, and they are countless, a car, my phone, computer, clothes, a roof over my head – I’m thankful that I have so much and that I’ve been able to give away what I haven’t needed.
- My friends, this year I have really been blessed to grow some wonderful friendships and to make some new ones.
- My animals, honestly these little critters add so much joy to my life, with 3 dogs and 2 cats, there is never a dull moment, and always a ghekos tail present on the rug.
So that’s just a few of the things I’m thankful for this year… Please comment below let me know what you are thankful for in 2015. 🙂